Oat Crumble with Spicy Fruits
• Flour – 100 g;
• Oat Flakes – 100 g;
• Nuts – 50 g;
• Sugar – 100 g;
• Butter – 150 g
• Sugar – 30 g;
• Butter – 30 g;
• Mixed Fruit (plum, pear, apricot, peach, apples), you can use any fruit – 400 g;
• Blackberries or cranberries – 100 g;
• Star of anise or some cinnamon, vanilla sugar – to your taste.
1. Mix the flour, sugar, oatmeal and chopped nuts.
2. Mix the dry ingredients with the cold butter cubes and chop them into crumbs. You can use a blender or food processor. If you knead the dough with hands, rub the butter with the flour, sugar and oatmeal firstly, and then add nuts.
3. Cut fruits into small cubes. Remove seeds in apples and pears in plum and peach – remove stone.
4. Pour sugar in a frying pan and add some butter. As soon as the butter melts, add the fruits and spices. Leave mass to stew over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
5. Mix the fruits with berries and put into shape. Sprinkle crumbs on top and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Crumble can be served both hot and cold.