Vegetable risotto from flakes
• A mixture of cereal (wheat, barley and rye flakes) – 1 tbsp .;
• Onion 1 pc .;
• Carrots – 1 pc .;
• Fresh mushrooms – 200g;
• Bulgarian pepper 1 pc .;
• Tomatoes – 2 pcs.
1. Fry vegetables in vegetable oil in a frying pan or skillet gradually adding, onions, mushrooms, carrots, peppers and tomatoes.
2. Stew vegetable mixture (without any water) on low heat for 3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle an even layer of chosen flakes on top of mixture of vegetables. Add some salt and pour boiled water to cover the mixture completely.
4. Bring to a boil without stirring and close the lid tightly.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 15-20 minutes.
6. Stir before serving. It is possible to add stewed meat to the mixture of vegetables during frying.